History of Aurora:
Welcome to Aurora, in beautiful N.E. Buchanan County! In 1886 the town was platted while the Chicago Great Western Railroad acquired the right of way to build a track between Oelwein & Dubque. 13 years later on May 25, 1899 the town was officially incorporated.
Major area land owners, Bishop and Alice Warren donated 40 acreas to build the town of Aurora on. Mr. Warren named the new town after the place he was born, East Aurora, New York. After the town was platted the town grew very quickly with people moving in from a small community two miles south of Aurora, Mudville. Mudville soon became a ghost town with people moving their homes and businesses to the new town of Aurora.